For children entering grades 1-7.
Camp Poyntelle offers the chance for children to enjoy their favorite activities while at the same time, providing the opportunity to try new activities that camp offers, including the waterfront, sports, arts, the climbing wall, and more.
- Campers attend the majority of activities with their bunkmates in a very structured schedule.
- Daily schedule also allows campers to choose individual specialty activities.
- Evening programs and other daily programming are separated into Juniors (grades 1-5) and Inters (grades 6-7) for more age-appropriate fun.
We chose Poyntelle for our children so they could have a fun camp experience and celebrate their Jewish heritage. As each year goes by (this is going to be #6), they spend all winter missing their summer families. They have made great friends to last a lifetime! Stacey, Parent
For campers entering grades 8-11.
Lewis Village offers a brand new experience, a balance between freedom and structure. Lewis Village campers have the opportunity to try every activity and specialize in activities in which they feel passionate.
- Majority of their time spent at camp will be in specialty areas of their own choosing.
- Skill building, leadership skills, and independence are the foci of Lewis Village specialty areas.
- During second session, LV campers go on a four-day Big Trip to experience a different city- check out our past LV Big Trips here!
- Our Leaders-in-Training (LIT) are entering-11th grade campers and engage in an innovative leadership development program. They build essential skills for becoming the next generation of great CPLV staff and create an close-knit team as they grow as individuals. Learn more about the LIT program here!
My son has been going to Camp Poyntelle Lewis Village every summer for the past 6 years and will continue to do so. He has grown up there and there is no other place that he or I would have chosen for him. The counselors are wonderful as is the entire program. In fact, many counselors take the time from their busy college lives to call my son each year on his birthday. I highly recommend Camp Poyntelle Lewis Village! Alyssa, Parent
All of the programs and specialty areas at CPLV are designed to teach campers to explore and learn new activities and skills while developing life-long values. Professional staff develop creative programs that engage campers in learning through fun exploration.
- Campers learn new skills while developing teamwork, leadership, sportsmanship and stepping out of their comfort zone.
- All activities follow the CPLV curricula that provides an age-appropriate progression for building new skills.
- Certified and well-trained staff design creative and innovative lesson plans that engage campers in learning through fun.
Since Camp Poyntelle Lewis Village first opened its doors in 1948 it has been a Jewish home for children from across America and abroad.
- Incredible facility with responsible and enthusiastic staff and a wide variety of program options.
- Memories and stories that are held sacred by our incredible alumni, veteran staff and campers. Past color war shields and banners that proudly hang in our rec hall and dining hall share the stories and triumphs of summers past.
- CPLV is rich in culture and values and the community fosters friendships that last a lifetime. Register Now!
I had heard all about the “CPLV family” before coming to camp, and from my first summer I really felt a part of it. As an international staff member I think there is no better place to try something new. Like real family it’s hard to leave behind and near impossible to forget. Ashley, Staff