I like camp because the counselors are really nice to the children. There are fun activities to do at camp like a motor boat you go on with tubes. One more thing I like about camp is the canteen. Melanie, Camper Age 9
For the past 5 years I have grown to become the person I am today because of my experiences as a staff member. It is not just our job to change the campers, because the campers have changed me. The smiles on their faces, and the excitement they feel about camp is priceless. You can’t find a feeling like the ‘camp’ feeling anywhere else, and that is what keeps me coming back! Jess, Staff
Our staff love what they do! CPLV’s staff is selected not only because they want to make a positive impact on the lives of children, but also because they have specific skills and teaching abilities. Their care and warmth create the foundation for a welcoming second home.
– Our outstanding 2-to-1 camper-to-staff ratios ensures that each camper receives individual attention and guidance.
– The majority of our staff grew up at CPLV and call it their home.
– We hire amazing and qualified staff from all over the world including Israel, England, and Australia.
– Our supervisory staff have specific skills in each of their specialty areas.
– All of our staff participate in an intensive week-long training program.
– Many staff are certified in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR. All pool and lake staff are American Red Cross-certified Lifeguards and our specialists are trained and certified in their areas of responsibility.
The staff experience is very important at CPLV. We believe that when staff are happy and believe in the core values of camp that they will help create meaningful summers for the children they supervise. Our staff goals are the following:
– Our Number One goal is Camper Care; to provide a warm, safe, supportive and fun environment for our campers.
– Provide a safe environment for campers and staff to grow and feel comfortable challenging themselves.
– Create innovative and fun programs that are exciting and age-appropriate while teaching life-long lessons and the CPLV values.
– Develop lasting friendships between campers and staff and the sense of community that makes CPLV a second home.
– Create amazing opportunities to bond with each other and grow together year after year. CPLV staff call camp their home and are proud to be part of the team!
I came to CPLV in 2004 with a college friend (who had been going to camp for years). I’ll admit it- at first it was hard to be the new girl. But quickly, I was embraced by the Poyntelle community and I fell in love with it. Throughout my 8 years at camp, I experienced so many of my favorite memories and met some of my best friends in the world. Not only did I make long lasting friendships, I also made 1 very special relationship. It was at Camp Poyntelle where I met my husband! We got married last Spring, and 3 of my bridesmaids and about half of the guests were camp friends. To say that Camp Poyntelle has made a positive impact on my life is an understatement! – Dara, Staff
I remember my first summer at camp. I was sitting next to another counselor and she told me she had been coming to camp for 11 years. I asked her why she comes back every year. She then responded and said “I’m not coming back, I’m coming home.” Since then I have now been coming to camp for six years and the reason I now give people is that camp gives me a sense of HOME. CPLV is a place where I can challenge myself, affect kids lives and help them grow every single day, there is truly no better feeling. – Daniel, Staff